Del Mar Real Estate
Del Mar is an affluent beach town in San Diego County, California. The Del Mar Horse Races are hosted on the Del Mar racetrack every summer. Del Mar is Spanish for "of the sea" or "by the sea", because it is located on the Pacific Ocean. Colonel Jacob Taylor purchased 338 acres from Enoch Talbert in 1885, with visions of building a seaside resort for the rich and famous.The United States Navy operated a Naval Auxiliary Air Facility for blimps at Del Mar during World War II.
- Del Mar racetrack, held live each summer on the Del Mar Fairgrounds which also hosts the satellite wagering facility Surfside Race Place throughout the year when races aren't live.
- Torrey Pines Golf Course, one of the most exclusive and challenging courses in the world.
- The San Diego County Fair
- Torrey Pines State Beach
- Powerhouse Community Center
- Del Mar Antique Show, held three times a year for over 50 years on the Del Mar Fairgrounds
- Torrey Pines High School, ranked as one of the 100 Best High Schools in the nation by Newsweek magazine—known for both its upscale campus and academic/athletic prowess.
Search Del Mar Real Estate Homes for Sale
Today's Market Trends for Del Mar Real Estate *
* All data pertains to single-family homes